Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Cousin's Wedding

Been awhile since I posted anything, just been hanging out in Israel with some friends. At the beginning I met up with my family. My cousin (I think technically it's first cousin once removed) was getting married here. He moved to Israel about 5 years ago and became very religious. The wedding was an Orthodox Jewish wedding, which I have never experienced. Men are separated from the women, much more praying and singing than a non-religious wedding. I took a ton of pictures, but mostly videos, which I posted below...some of them I thought were pretty funny. Most of the crowd were people like my cousin, who became religious later in life.

The wedding had it all, crazy dancing, gymnastics, rap, and a good band. The only thing it was missing was women.




The bride being led to the wedding ceremony



My cousin, the groom, praying and waiting for the bride to come



The bride being led around the groom 7 times as part of the wedding ceremony...the first time they EVER touch is when he puts the ring on her finger (they have met before, but never touched each other)

My cousin elated immediately after the ceremony



They sit the bride and groom and family down and people perform various acts, like juggling, human pyramids, etc



Various common Jewish stereotypes were shattered at this wedding, if you thought Jews could dance, check out these videos...





If you thought Jews couldn't make funny faces while dancing, check this guy out


These guys actually have some moves...

This one is my favorite...

This guy apparently went to a few raves before he became religious, really very good.

If you thought jews weren't flexible, see below

If you thought Jews couldn't fence, see below

If you thought Jews couldn't do gymnastics, see the next 3 videos to be proven wrong

If you thought Jews couldn't freestyle, see below

Plus a couple videos of the general party...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think he is your 2nd cousin. He's my cousin once removed.....

Dad

August 29, 2007 at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home